Maccabi Tel Aviv and Hapoel Beer Sheva played to a goalless draw at the Netanya Stadium on Matchday 30 of the Israel Premier League Ligat Japanika as the Yellow & Blue dominated play but couldn’t break through the Southern Reds defense as each squad collected a point.

Head Coach Vladimir Ivic’s Starting XI included keeper Predrag Rajkovic, Maor Kandil, Eitan Tibi, Jair Amador, Enric Saborit, Avi Rikan, Dor Peretz, Dan Glezer, Omer Atzili, Yonatan Cohen, Aron Schoenfeld.

Available on the bench: Daniel Tenenbaum, Shahar Piven, Eli Dasa, Ophir Davidzada, Sheran Yeini, Itay Shechter, Eliran Atar.

First Half
Cohen sent Schoenfeld the ball in the 4’ but his attempt was blocked by the Beer Sheva defense and six minutes later Saborit’s chance was blocked by Loai Taha. Atzili’s 14’ shot went out and Cohen’s volley two minutes later was taken care of the Beer Sheva keeper Ohad Levita.

Dor Peretz was issued a yellow card in 24’ and three minutes later Rikan’s long distance chance went off of Marwan Kabha and went out as the ensuing corner kick saw Schoenfeld’s header just miss the target. Rikan’s 33’ attempt was blocked by the visiting defense while Saborit’s chip shot three minutes later just missed the goal.

Both Cohen and Rikan’s opportunities came up short in the 38’ and Cohen’s 43’ attempt went over the bar as the half ended goalless.

Second Half
Hanan Maman tried to get Beer Sheva on the board first but his shot was saved by Rajkovic in the 47’ while at the other end Kandil’s attempt was blocked by Levita. Itay Shechter entered the match in the 54’ replacing Schoenfeld and a minute later Saborit sent a cross to Atzili but his chance went out.

Rikan’s 58’ volley missed the target and four minutes later Eliran Atar came on for Atzili. Shechter handed the ball off to Glezer but his chance went over the bar in the 66’ as both sides spent the next quarter hour playing the majority of the time in the midfield.

Ophir Davidzada was introduced in the 83’ for Saborit and a minute later Kandil was issued a yellow card. Shechter and Atar each had chances in the 89’ to no avail and Atar’s 90’ attempt was caught by Levita as the match ended in a goalless draw.