Every good thing comes to an end. After one of the most exhilarating seasons in Maccabi Tel Aviv’s history, the Yellow & Blue will end the 2018/19 campaign this Saturday (20:00) at Hapoel Beer Sheva on Matchday 36 of the Israel Premier League Ligat Japanika.
* Vladimir Ivic’s squad comes into the contest against the outgoing champion in first place with a 31 point lead over Beer Sheva who are currently in second place. Last Matchday Maccabi drew at Maccabi Haifa 1:1 at Sammy Ofer Stadium.
* Beer Sheva is very close to securing an Europa League qualification spot after defeating Hapoel Hadera 1:0 last week. A loss of 4 goals or more and a minimal loss by Maccabi Haifa to Maccabi Netanya will deny Barak Bachar’s club of a ticket to Europe.
* The upcoming clash between the two sides will be the 4th meeting of the season. Two contests ended in a draw while one was a 3:0 Maccabi win which was one of the highlights of the Yellow & Blue’s season.
* Should Maccabi win they will end the season with a 82.4% success rate – which will be a new club record.
* If Maccabi wins they will reach 89 points which will be an all time club record.
* If the Yellow & Blue records their 21st clean sheet, they would equal a league record.
* A win over Hapoel Beer Sheva will create a gap of 34 points between the two clubs and set a record between the new champion and the outgoing titleholder.