* After celebrating the league title last Sunday, Maccabi Tel Aviv returns to play when they visit Maccabi Haifa at 20:30 on Matchday 35.
* Vladimir Ivic’s squad will visit the second place team who are 31 points away from Maccabi Tel Aviv and the top of the table. At the prematch press conference the captain, Sheran Yeini talked about the challenge ahead and the desire to break the club’s season winning percentage.
* Haifa are battling for a a ticket to Europe and are currently in 2nd place with 54 points. Maccabi Netanya are right behind them with 53 points and Hapoel Beer Sheva are 4th with 52 points as they duke it out for a place in Europa League qualifiers.
* The two sides have already met 4 times this season with Maccabi winning all of them. 3 have been in league play and one in the Toto Cup Final.
* Maccabi has won the last 4 league matches against Haifa at Sammy Ofer Stadium.
* Despite that the Yellow & Blue lost a State Cup match during that period.
* Of Dor Peretz’s 8 league goals he’s scored 3 against Maccabi Haifa.
* Maccabi’s last four away matches have seen them win all of them with a goal differential of 9:1.