Matchday 15 of the Israel Youth Premier League saw Maccabi “Shachar” Tel Aviv visit Kiryat Shemona as the young Yellow & Blue began the day in 4th place with 5 wins out of their last 6 matches, while Kiryat Shemona entered the contest in 11th place. Guy Tzarfati’s attack included Eylon Almog, Or Dasa and William Agada.

Starting XI: Daniel Peretz, Noam Cohen, Alon Shtrozberg, Fadi Najar, Yoav Hofmayster, Tamir Glazer, Tomer Altman (C), Prince Thomas, Or Dasa, Eylon Almog, William Agada.

First Half
Maccabi opened the match up well and had their first chance in the 3’ when Almog lifted a cross into the box to Agada, but his header went out while 4 minutes later Thomas was all alone in the area but his attempt went over the bar.

In the 18’ the young Yellow & Blue had two more quality chances when Almog sent a magnificent through ball to Altman but the midfielder put the ball over the goal while Glazer’s opportunity was parried away by the Kiryat Shemona keeper as the match remained goalless early on. However, it didn’t stay goalless for much longer as the host’s took a 1:0 lead after they took advantage of a Maccabi defensive error in the midfield.

But in the 43’ the Yellow & Blue drew even thanks to Almog’s scorcher from just outside of the box as the contest went into the break at 1:1.

Second Half
Mufleh Shalata who came on as a second half substitute had a wonderful chance to start the half when he went one on one with the Kiryat Shemona keeper, but the midfielder couldn’t find the back of the goal in the 46’. Four minutes later, the host’s almost took advantage of a defensive lapse by Maccabi but the were unable to beat Peretz as the score remained as is.

Altman found Agada with a neat through ball in the 52’ but he couldn’t find the goal, however, three minutes later the striker took a throw in off of his chest, dropped it down and blasted the ball behind the Kiryat Shemona keeper for a 2:1 lead. In the 60’ Glazer tried his luck from 25 meters but couldn’t find the target, but nine minutes later Shalata did just that from 20 meters out to take a 3:1 advantage.

As the contest hit the 73’ Almog sent a cross to Dasa but his header from the middle of the box was caught by the opposing keeper while in the 82’ Glazer’s long distance attempt went out. Just before the final whistle, Eyal Hen, who entered the match as a substitute was alone in the box but is 92’ chance went over the bar as the young Yellow & Blue took home the 3:1 win and the 3 points back to Kiryat Shalom.