Maccabi Tel Aviv came away with a point after a 1:1 draw at Hapoel Beer Sheva on Matchday 2 of the Israel Premier League Ligat Japainka. John Ogu scored a first half goal for the host’s while Eyal Golasa found the equalizer in half number two. The Yellow & Blue will be back in action after the international break this coming weekend.

Vladimir Ivic’s Starting XI included keeper Maccabi Tel Aviv Starting XI Predrag Rajkovic, Eli Dasa, Shahar Piven, Sheran Yeini (C), Enric Saborit, Avi Rikan, Eyal Golasa, Dor Peretz, Dan Glazer, Chico Ofoedu, Itay Shechter.

Available on the bench were Haviv Ohayon, Omer Atzily, Dor Micha, Eliran Atar, Eitan Tibi, Aaron Schoenfeld, Maor Kandil.

First Half
Maccabi had the contest’s first chance when Chico sent a nice ball into the box, but Saborit’s tough angled shot went out in the 4’. Thirteen minutes later Glazer’s opportunity from long distance was saved by Beer Sheva keeper Ariel Harush while in the 22’ John Ogu picked up a yellow card for a reckless tackle outside of the host’s box.

Ogu stole the ball in the middle of the pitch, went into the area and beat Rajkovic to give Beer Sheva a 1:0 lead in the 26’. Peretz received a yellow card in the 31’ for a midfield collision with Maor Melikson while 3 minutes later Melikson’s attempt from the left wing was saved by Rajkovic as the host’s took a 1:0 lead into the break.

Second Half
Maccabi came out strong to start the half as Peretz had a chance from 17 meters out that Harush saved in the 47’ while 5 minutes later Shechter put down the ball for Golasa but his blast was saved by Harush. In the 59’ Vladimir Ivic made a double substitution as Dor Micha and Eliran Atar came on for Chico Ofoedu and Avi Rikan as Beer Sheva also made a pair of changes as Hen Ezra and Matan Ohayon were introduced for Ben Sahar and Loai Taha.

The Yellow & Blue finally found the back of the goal on a counter down the right side as Shechter and Peretz teamed up to confuse the Beer Sheva defense as the former sent Golasa a perfect through pass in the box that number 23 slotted home for the tying goal in the 64’. Five minutes later Eden Ben Basat almost gave the host’s the lead but his one on one attempt was skied over the goal.

In the 77’ Maccabi put together a quality attack but Peretz’s attempt from just outside of the box went over the goal and two minutes later Beer Sheva brought on Hanan Matan for Dan Einbinder. Saborit sent Atar a great pass but the latter’s shot was saved by a diving Harush in the 81’. Maman’s 84’ attempt from the right side was caught by Rajkovic as the keeper quelled the Beer Sheva chance. Shechter’s 87’ opportunity from the top of the box went over the bar while Ogu’s header on the other side of the pitch was saved by Rajkovic as the side’s split the points in a 1:1 draw.