Maccabi “Shachar” Tel Aviv headed to Maccabi Petah Tikva in Matchday 5 of the Israel Youth Premier League. The Yellow & Blue began the day in 1st place with 3 wins and a draw while the host’s were in 2nd place on the table.

Head Coach Guy Tzarfati’s Starting XI: Or Itzhak, Michael Chilaka, Alon Shtrozberg, Amit Glazer, Tomer Machluf, Tamir Glazer, Eduardo Guerrero, Yoav Hofmayster, Rave Assayag, Omer Barami, Eyal Hen

First Half
The Yellow & Blue had their first chance of the match in the 1’ as a cross went to Guerrero but his tough angled shot was taken care of by the opposing keeper Dor Hevron, however, two minutes later they found the back of the goal to take a 1:0 lead. Chilaka received the ball on the right wing and lifted it into the box where Assayag took advantage of a poor clearance by Petah Tikva and sent the ball into the corner.

In the 11’ the host’s almost drew even when Eyali Hen took the ball in the box and was one on one with Itzhak who replaced an injured Daniel Peretz, but his attempt hit the post while he sent the rebound into a Maccabi defender that went out for a corner. Five minutes later a nice give and go between Barami and Hen left the former with a chance from 20 meters out but Hevron made the save.

Each side traded chances over the next quarter hour as Maccabi almost doubled their advantage in the 38’ when a through ball from Tamir Glazer went to Hen who sent it to Assayag, but his shot towards the corner just missed the post and went out. However, two minutes later, the host’s drew even at 1:1 when Tal Danon sent a through ball to Arad Bar who found the back of the goal as the sides headed into the half deadlocked.

Second Half
Bar Cohen came in as a substitute and had a chance in the box but the Petah Tikva keeper made the stop. In the 56’ the Yellow & Blue took the lead when Hofmayster passed the ball to Cohen who moved up 20 meters and sent a terrific shot with his left foot that beat Hevron for a 2:1 advantage.

In the 64’ Itzhak made a timely save with his fingertips but three minutes later, the host’s drew even once again as Liel Abada found the corner of the Maccabi goal, 2:2. Then Petah Tikva almost took the lead when Abada’s chance in the box went screaming towards Itzhak but the Maccabi shot stopper was able to use his quick reflexes to send the ball off the bar.

However, the host’s took the lead in the 76’ when the referee pointed to the spot after a player was pulled down in the box, good for a penalty which Ori Artzi converted for a 3:2 advantage to Petah Tikva. But 4 minutes later the Yellow & Blue tied up the contest when Cohen’s corner went into the area and was headed by a Maccabi player off of the post, however, Gil Ben Shalosh pounced on the rebound and scored to draw even at 3:3.

Guy Tzarfati’s squad would have a pair of chances to win the match as Guerrero and Tal Yagudayev each had opportunities but Hevron made a couple of saves to keep the score as is as the team’s split the points.